Friday, July 6, 2012

Something resembling a review of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)


You may or may not know that there is a new Spider-Man movie out (that’s sarcasm, if you don’t know then just go back to the rock you have been living under it’s better for everyone). Anyway I went to see The Amazing Spider-Man and I thought, why not review it... 


Let’s get the fundamentals out of the way first shall we... if you have come to this blog in search of a review of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) in the hopes of discovering whether or not it is worthy of a trip to the cinema the answer is: YES.

I know some of you think it’s a bit soon for a reboot, and let’s face it Spiderman 3 left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth, but this film actually stands up. Even though it’s another origin story, similar to Spiderman (2002), they’ve changed it up enough (without totally fucking with the mythology) that it still feels pretty fresh.

Andrew Garfield is adorable as Peter Parker, I defy anyone not to fall in love with him. Also his ass in that spangly new Spidey suit... urgh! Seriously, I just want to take a giant bite out of it. And I need a whole other post to tell you of my love for Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. Together Garfield and Stone have an electric chemistry that doesn’t need 3D to leap off of the screen.

Look, this film is far from perfect. It’s slow to start and the score’s pretty much terrible but all in all I think director Marc Webb has done a pretty good job (especially the main action sequence at the end of the film).

Sure it’s not The Avengers but I think I am going to be saying that about every superhero movie made from now on. Honestly, if you’re looking for entertainment and you like a good superhero/action film then The Amazing Spider-Man is well worth your cash and I recommend seeing it on the big screen because the 3D action sequences and insanely epic.

I’m not very good with the rating system... but I will tell you that it totally satisfied my inner fangirl.

Over and out,

UndieGirl, xx