Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shipping News: Magical ladylove, Finnick and Jeff Davis’ twitter will be the death of me



Ahoy there shippers (yes the pirate puns are back) hope you’ve been fairing well over the past week and that you have a lot of time on your hands because I have so much to talk about. There is a magical lesbians update (it’s a good one) and some movie spoilers (including Catching Fire). Then of course there is Teen Wolf and the fact that Jeff Davis is ruining my life (I wrote him a letter, we’re working it out).


First things first, magical lesbians because Once Upon a Time is the most lady loving show on television at the moment.

This week was all about Murora (the pairing of Mulan and Aurora), which is basically a femslash dream. Seriously this is the ship I have been waiting for – yes I still love Swan Queen but this is the kind of femslash ship I didn’t think was possible. They interact affectionately, I mean come on did you guys see the way that Mulan kept touching Aurora? I’m pretty sure that is not what Phillip wanted when he asked you to take care of her Mulan. Then Mulan is willing to sacrifice everyone and everything else for the chance to save Aurora – and that’s not an exaggeration, it actually happened. With what happened at the end of the episode (tears), this ship is shaping up to be just like all those emotional dysfunctional, heartbreaking, slash ships we love so much – yes, I’m looking at you Supernatural

There was also some beautiful moments between Snow and Charming (they really do live up to their fairytale expectations) and don’t think I didn’t notice that Emma is still hell bent on blaming Regina for everything. I think you have a slight obsession there Emma. Oh and the Rumbelle hamburger date finally happened but sadly it was interrupted by Regina – but she’s pretty so I forgive her.


Right well, because we all love a bit of online shipper fun – Vhelton is alive and kicking again, which is nice to see because I’ve missed the epic romance between Vh1 and AfterElton. It’s getting serious, because there have been talks of wedding bells (I better be invited).


Remember last week when I told you about the Folgers incest commercial – well I have found you some fanart to keep you warm this Christmas because there is nothing like a little incest in your morning coffee.



Also props to all the people that keep making Wincest parallels... because that’s kind of perfect. Let’s put all the incest into one big pot and mix it around (I’d say I’m sorry to those of you outside the shipping community that read this blog, but I mean really if you’re not used to this yet, you’re not going to be). Also I may or may not be planning to use this image as my holiday card.

Speaking of fanart, I could not go past this cute depiction of my OT3 Doctor/The Ponds because I am still missing them way too much.




You know who else loves fanart… Jeff Davis does. This week he might not have been tweeting about fanart but that doesn’t mean he didn’t give us something to talk about. If you’re a fan of Teen Wolf, and you’re not following Jeff on twitter then you’re doing it wrong.

For starters there was this exchange –


Not sure what I can say about this that won’t just be a keyboard smash because I am running out of excuses not to get my hopes up.

For those of you that don’t know Greg Berlanti is a writer/producer on Arrow, so this tweet makes a little more sense.



Does everyone ship it? I don’t know that the world is ready for that much manpain but I wouldn’t say no to watching those two hotties lock lips (they can bond over their crippling guilt and awesome social skills). If you’re interested, you can check out Arrowolf and Doliver on Tumblr and I even found you a fic! You’re welcome.

That’s not the end of this twitter adventure though, because then Carina MacKenzie weighed in –



And things just got out of hand…

 


Seriously, this is ridiculous. My poor fangirl heart cannot handle this kind of thing. Sometimes I wish I didn’t ship Sterek because this ship will be the death of me.

Sterek is such a massive phenomenon that people on the inside can joke about it… guys this is MAINSTREAM SLASH! Sorry about the allcaps but my head is going to explode because I don’t know what to do with this information.  


We have come to the point where I really have to have words with Jeff because he is giving me way to many Teen Wolf feelings, it’s taken over my life I have a problem… so I wrote an open letter (read it if you will).

On a final note about Teen Wolf – they had the first Season 3 table read this week and Jeff Davis tweeted way too many pics (seriously Jeff don’t ever change)… but what’s more exciting is the official casting of four new characters.

 Source 

Charlie and Max Carver are the alpha twins – I’m sure the shippers are excited to have some faces to put with their ship. Does this ship have a name yet because I’m gonna need to know that?

Felisha Terrell is another Alpha called Kali and Adelaide Kane is a tough 17 year old that reeks of love interest potential but we’ll give her the benefit of the doubt until she falls into that trap. Please let her be more than just a love interest.

Right let’s move on from Teen Wolf (hopefully we will have a little bit of reprieve from all this nonsense before the show actually starts shooting).


The much anticipated sequel to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, has begun shooting and this week revealed some pics that had everyone talking… and you know everyone’s really only talking about Finnick. For those of you that have not read the book, Finnick is the kind of character you can ship with everyone (and I mean everyone) and it’s always plausible. So a glimpse of him it’s pretty exciting.


 I think EW said it best in a caption of a picture of Josh Hutcherson’s as Peeta:

Fans know that Hutcherson’s character Peeta can’t swim. If only there were a certain handsome fisherman with big strong arms and dreamy eyes lurking around somewhere nearby… (x)

I might ship Peeta/Finnick just a little bit… woops. Sorry. That’s why I was super excited about this interview with MTV movie news where Jennifer Lawrence suggested there was a bit of a bromance happening between Hutcherson and Sam Claflin (Finnick). 

Jennifer Lawrence:
"They are in love. It's a full-blown bromance and it's really bromantic and adorable. It's really cute. It's annoying, but it's cute." (x)


Just a quick mention about the announcement that Merlin will not be returning for another series. Merlin/Arthur is one of my fav ships so this is definite loss, plus I know that the end is just going to break my heart. Who wants to watch half their OTP die (you know it’s going to happen)? If anyone wants to send some really fluffy Merthur fics to cheer me up, that would be nice.


Finally don’t forget to check out this week’s offering of TheShipping News over at After Elton. It’s all about Mpreg, which is something I never understood. I mean I find the whole pregnancy thing gross in general so I’m not really going to be all about the male pregnancy. That said it is a big (and controversial) part of slash fandom, and if you’re interested or confused by the concept then I suggest you give Catherine’s column a read. I found the whole thing rather enlightening. Mpreg is still gross though.


Well that was a marathon and a half but I hope you enjoyed the journey. Let me know what you’ve been shipping this week in comments. Also how do you feel about the mainstream popularity of Sterek? Has it gone too far?

Til next week, happy shipping.