Monday, January 20, 2014

Talking Teen Wolf: Crystal Reed is Amazing, Everything Else is Not Important


I’m not sure what to say folks, we’re two episodes down and I really don’t have anything to complain about. I know, I know. I’m as shocked as you are. Okay, there is something that I have to complain about but it has more to do with someone putting a gag on Jeff Davis than anything that has aired so far. But that’s becoming par for the course these days(we’ll just ignore him). Overall, I’m still generally impressed and excited, so let’s talk about Teen Wolf shall we?



While this episode wasn’t quite as good as the premiere – chase narratives are always a little bit repetitive for me – it was still a pretty solid effort. Individually the episodes are not as memorable as in earlier episodes but the overall effect is intriguing and miles above what we saw in 3A. The Malia/werecoyote storyline is really interesting and I have already adopted Kira (finger’s crossed she’s not evil).


If you’ve read my recap you’ll know that I have decided to ignore the twins general existence. This is nothing against Charlie and Max, they seem like nice dudes and they work very hard to make their pectorals look like that but let’s face it, they should have stayed dead. They offer nothing to the story and I have less then zero fucks to give about their redemption arch. I have limit to the amount of white boy angst I can handle and Derek has filled it 1000 times over.


I was so excited to see the return of Braeden (aka The Girl from 301). I’m not sure if it was damage control after the backlash Teen Wolf got against killing so many female characters but it’s still cool. Especially now that we know she’s some kind of badass mercenary. Shipping her with Derek so hard TBH and ignoring the fact that she will probably disappear very soon (we don’t get to keep the baddass ladies of color because they don’t have sexy pectoral’s Jeff can oogle).

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode – especially when Derek did the hip thrust of pain – and I’m excited to see what comes next. Don’t forget to read Heath’s photo-recap, it’s hilarious as usual.

(Source)

Pics and Pieces:



Extra Stuff:
  • Arden Cho Interview with WetPaint – she talks Scott and Kira, getting into the action and being the new girl.
  • And if you need proof that Arden Cho is the most adorable being on the planet… check out this video.

  • Tyler Posey as a guest on Jason Ellis’s radio show – long interview but very in depth, well worth a listen if you’re a Posey fan.
  • Bianca Lawson Interview with Popsugar.
  • Want to know more about “La Loba” – check out this handy post by marciellesmusings on Tumblr.
  • The greatest thing ever happened – a Parody of Frozen’s breakaway hit – Let it Go – titled “Let it Grow”. It’s described as a social commentary about the epidemic of chest waxing in Teen Wolf. Crying with laughter forever. Do yourself a favour and give it a listen.
  • Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien and Crystal Reed talk hook-ups and death with TheWrap.
  • Then there was this vid – Teen Wolf Creeps On Your Tweets. Generally against that concept anyway because it’s usually used to make fun of fans but it’s even worse because one of the tweets they used was: Why does Allison dress like a slut? That’s totally gross and it should not have made it through the screening process. Shame on you.


Fantastic Fandom:

In light of the above a lovely fandom member (Tumblr: righteouspempernickel) is organizing The Crystal Reed Appreciation Project. It’s a book to give her at Creation’s Days of The Wolf on Feb 15 and they are looking for, fanart/graphics, letters, pictures of you together if you’ve ever met her, or anything else you think she might enjoy. Check out the details here. Let’s so show Crystal some love!


An Open Letter To… Crystal Reed

Dear Crystal,

It has come to my attention that you are severely under-appreciated by this fandom. I am not surprised – I was around at the end of Season 2, that must have hurt – but I had thought that things were getting better. I though that people had finally realized that Allison Argent is actually one of the most intriguing characters on television at the moment and a large part of that is on you.

I’m not exaggerating or buttering you up, I feel bad that people are rude assholes but I’m not going to lie to you. I mean we’re friends right? And by friends I mean we’re not actually friends because you have no idea who I am but I follow you on Twitter and write random open letters that you will never read and that’s pretty much the same thing.

Anyway the point of this is that you are amazing and no matter what anyone else tells you Allison will be the character everyone is still talking about in ten years time.

Love,

UndieGirl

P.S. We all know that if Allison was in charge everything would be fixed way too easily because she’s so awesome.

Bite Con Bits:


The lovely and motivated Bite Con team are looking for fan panel submissions! Check out the details here. I was going to submit an idea but then I figured no one wants to listen to me (why did I have to have a downward spiral when this came up? – I probably would have entered a month ago, okay but who wants to swap brains with me?). I am excited to see what my fellow fans come up with though.

If you’re looking for an idea here’s some I prepared earlier –
  • The Mathematics of Hoechlin’s Abs: A Study of the Curves and Crevices of Teen Wolf’s Greatest Treasure (with live demonstration).
  • Dimples: Menace or Magic? (with special guests Crystal Reed and Tyler Posey).
  • Knot What You Think: Fans Take Turns Trying to Explain Knotting Without Using Inappropriate Language.
  • Pin The Date On Calendar (Jeff Davis is blind folded, spun in the circle and then forced to try and make sense of the Teen Wolf timeline).

For real though someone think of something good because I am going flying all the way to LA for this. EXCITEMENT IS RISING!


Tweet of the Week: Dylan O’Brien


He might not tweet often, but when he does it’s worth every letter. Thank you Dylan for being you and please don’t let stardom change you.


All right, I will endeavour to my recap posted on time this week… but considering my record this season it’s probably not likely but whatever because DANNY’S BACK!

(Source)